- Duration: 1.1.2017 – 31.12.2019
- Budget: 3,0 M€ (Ministry of Education and Culture 2,1 M€)
- Coordinating institution: Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
The Development Project for Student Selection in the Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences (UAS) 2017-2019 aims to produce a selection process that is more applicant-friendly, cost efficient, simple, and digitally advanced than the current process.
The purpose of the project is to develop and create new selection procedures and models that expedite the applicants’ path to university and open up new ways of becoming a degree student. Digital solutions will be applied in the development work. The execution of the project also involves cooperation with the University of Helsinki student admissions development project.
The Development Project for Student Selection in the Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences 2017-2019 currently comprises four sub-projects:
- Development of certificate-based selections
- Development and digitalisation of entrance examinations
- Development of other competence-based selection methods
- Development of student selection guidance and communications
The project is the development project in higher education and it is funded by Ministry of Education and Culture. Metropolia UAS has the main coordination responsibility of the Project. The project is executed in wide-ranging cooperation with universities of applied sciences.